10.12.2010

Should I be concerned?

My wife started reading Kevin Leman's "Have a New Husband by Friday" last night. Should I be concerned? No. I like this guy, and I like his principles. I especially like what I heard this past weekend when he was here at North Way. Over and above all the books this guy has written, I believe he's the real deal. He's a down-to-earth guy that doesn't try to be somebody he's not. He's authentic, and he tells it like it is.

He said some things this past weekend that could offend your mom. However, I believe that we need to be brutally honest in the church today. It helps us to grow. If it takes my wife reading this book to make be a better husband to her, so be it. Who doesn't want to be a better husband to their wife? I didn't wake up this morning wondering how I could be a worse husband, did you? No, it comes naturally. I should not be concerned that she's going to try to change me, but I should strive to be a better husband to her.

WAIT...I think that's his point!?! Ooooohhhhh, he got me good.