8.21.2010

2 friends

I preach this weekend on the fact that God's community is designed to pass on the gospel legacy to the next generations. There is a component that I can't really get to this weekend, but I wish I had time to unpack it. It has to do with the gospel legacy being passed within and through friendship.

I have 2 life-long friends that have done this for me. Ben Kendrew and Franco Salvatori are incredible men of God. I know they want nothing more than for their gospel legacy that has been passed on to them to be passed on through them as well. These two friends are truly a picture to me of how God collides lives together for life to spur one another forward in the advancement of His kingdom.

I've written about these 2 friends before, but I can't write about their influence in my life enough. We each live differently, but we are connected at the soul. Though distance and ministry schedules usually keep us apart, we always pick up right where we left off in our journeys. It is always a rich time to be with them, and I long for more of that time.

Ben and Franco...much love to my 2 greatest friends/brothers in my life. Without you, I would not be me. Thanks for your friendship throughout all these years!