8.22.2010

my wife

I preach 2 more times today, and I'm excited to bring the word this morning to North Way. There are so many places I could have gone this weekend as we looked at "community that leaves a legacy" and a "community of all generations." There's one place where I wish I could have gone, but time would not permit.

The gospel legacy has been passed to me through my wife, Erica. This is why I was drawn to her in 1995. She is beautiful on the outside, and she's even more beautiful on the inside. Her character and integrity surpass mine. Her intellect and knowledge of the Scriptures surpass mine. I joke that she's a walking Bible commentary.

Erica's influence on my life has been remarkable. The gospel legacy that she received from her parents has been infused with my parent's godly legacy. She has passed on her legacy to me, and I've passed mine on to her. Now, we will raise our daughters with a faith legacy that has been passed to us.

Erica, I love you. I'm excited to do this life with you. I'm excited to pass our faith legacy on to our kids. You are so precious to me!