3.18.2012

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday...

Boyz II Men's remake recording of "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" was one of my favorite songs in high school. I would sing it constantly, and I even sang it in a quartet for choir. It was originally written in 1975, and it has great lyrics (minus one).

This song and these lyrics seem appropriate today as I say goodbye to my Uncle Bud. However, there is one lyric that I don't agree with in this song. "I thought we'd get to see forever but forever's gone away" is not true. I will see my Uncle Bud in heaven because he and I have put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ's work on the Cross. Jesus died for this world's sins. Jesus was buried. Jesus rose again on the third day. Jesus conquered sin and death, and anyone who believes in Him as Savior and Lord will never be separated from God. Their inheritance is heaven.

I will see Uncle Bud in "forever" along with my pap, gram and other uncles. So, yes...it is hard to say goodbye, but it's only for a short while in light of eternity!

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday (YouTube)
How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad.
I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.
If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.
And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.