11.30.2010

High School Laurelville

This weekend I will be speaking at High School Laurelville. This retreat is offered by the Pittsburgh Kids Foundation (the organization my wife works for now). 400+ High School students will be there, and the major focus of this weekend is to share the gospel with them over a series of 4 messages.

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous going into this weekend. It's been a long time since I have spoken to High School students. Having worked in Youth Ministry for 10 years, it should be a blast! BUT...that was 4 years ago! What's funny to me is that the last time I spoke to 9-12 graders was at North Way's Blitz. Interestingly enough, I have never been invited back!

I'm excited about this weekend! I'm praying that God will use me (an X-Youth Pastor) to share his gospel of grace with these students. It's an honor and privilege to be the guy that jump starts the real conversations that will happen during cabin time with their youth leaders.

If you have some time on Saturday night (right around 7pm), please pray. I will be sharing a message on Jesus' redemptive work on the Cross for the world's sins with 400+ students. My hope is that everyone who hears the gospel will receive God's grace and forgiveness. Thanks!