10.05.2010

the unexpected

When most people hear the word "unexpected", they automatically go negative. But, I am reminded today that very positive "unexpected" things can also happen in life. I think of my wife's pregnancy announcement of our 2nd daughter. We were not expecting that at all! I think of the phone call that asked if I'd like to come to the Steelers game. That's a nice unexpected invitation. I think of the incredible house-warming gift we recently received from a friend. Again, not expected, but good!

As a follower of Jesus, I should expect the unexpected. The good and the bad will come, but I can rejoice either way because God will never change. Maybe you're in a season where the bad unexpected "things of life" are crashing in on you. My encouragement to you is - Turn your eyes upon Jesus and expect Him to never change. That will get you through the unexpected of today.