8.19.2010

Rich Grassel

My freshman year of college, I was introduced to Rich Grassel. Rich sought me out as a young leader on campus. He recruited me to be a volunteer intern at his church’s youth ministry where I began to work with students that were only a couple years younger than me. Rich encouraged me to play guitar and sing in the youth band. Rich invited me over to his home to hang out with his wife and 2 sons. Rich gave me my first ever opportunity to ever teach the scriptures to students.

Almost every week while I was in college, Rich and I got together for a one-on-one. He asked me about my relationship with Erica. He asked me about what I was learning from my biblical studies. He asked me how I was applying what I was learning to my everyday life.
I did not understand it at first, but the more we hung out, the more I understood that Rich was mentoring me. Rich was discipling me in the ways of God. He was showing me the ropes of this Kingdom that Jesus came to establish. Rich was passing on a legacy to me...A legacy of living and leading in the ways of God. I will be forever grateful to Rich for his investment at a crucial time in my life.