3.17.2010

a few words of encouragement...

This past sermon (Stained Heroes: David) was a pretty tough sermon for me to preach. When you're stating God's truth about lust, it tends to get a bit uncomfortable...for everyone. While I took some shots from some people via email and communicator cards, I have been receiving a ton of great feedback from folks in the last few days. I tell you what, a few words of encouragement can go a very long way.

On Monday, I sorta wanted to hide after preaching that sermon...thinking I was going to get lit up by some people in our church. I worked off-site to elude the phone calls of "how dare you" and "you should not have gone there." It boils down to my insecurities as a leader, but all I can say is that a few people's words this week have picked a brother up and put me right again.

I need to get better at remembering to encourage others. You never know when or what they're hiding the day after.