3.04.2012

I don't want to be a poser!

Dr. Jay Passavant preached this weekend at North Way. He said two lines that jumped out at me this morning. He said, "I don't want to be a poser! I don't want to have an integrity gap."

He explained that the place where what you say and what you do meets is called integrity. Often there is a gap called hypocrisy between what we say and what we actually do. This is why North Way's teaching team decided to teach this series, The Christian Atheist. We wanted to close the gap of hypocrisy in our church and in our own lives. We want to be a church with integrity, and I want to be a man of integrity!

The problem is, each of us is a hypocrite! We say we follow Jesus, but our actions often tell otherwise. Our thoughts say different.

The first step in finding freedom in this area is to admit that we are all hypocrites, but we don't have to stay that way! We can all take steps towards integrity to close the gap of hypocrisy. We have to make the conscious choice to not be a poser. Once we choose that, we also have to commit to living that choice of integrity every day. The great thing about being the Church is that we are not alone...we have the Holy Spirit to guide us and other Christians to walk alongside us.

I'll be praying for you, and you can pray for me because I don't want to be a poser! Neither do you!