3.08.2010

Are we ready? Part 1

I'm getting ready to preach on David and Bathsheba this weekend at North Way, and I have found myself asking the question, "Are we ready?" many times. How ready are we for true and honest confession of our sins? Are we ready to be convicted by the Holy Spirit? Are we ready to truly confront our hidden sins and confess them? Are we ready to suffer the consequences of our sin when we make certain decisions? To steal a line from Craig Groeschel's book (Confessions of a Pastor), are we ready to drop the pose and get real with God?

I guess I'm really asking myself the question, "Am I ready?". I don't know if I am. I'm scared to be honest. I'm scared to confess. I'm scared of the consequences of my sin. I'm scared to really let others know the real me. I'm scared to let God know the real me even though He already does know the real me. But I have to, or what I need to confess will eventually ruin me.

I can't really explain it yet (that's why I've titled this Part 1), but I don't think the church is ready for what God truly can do and wants to do with confession.