11.15.2009

weekend stars...

This past weekend, I went to Seven Springs Mountain Resort with my wife and a few good friends. At one point on Saturday night, the 3 guys stood outside in the dark. It was a cooler evening with no cloud cover. We were all looking up into the incredible starry sky, and we were hoping to see a shooting star. I was the only one that had even seen a shooting star before, and I saw two on this night! My wife and I have a special connection over shooting stars! - it's a long story to blog about.

It's on weekends away like this...that I feel closer to God. Hanging out with good friends and having my mind blown by the Creator of the universe. It doesn't get much better.

I don't know enough about science, but how long ago would that star have to have burned out for me to see it at that moment?