11.13.2009

accomplished...

A semi-frustrating thing about ministry is that you don't always see results right away from your hard work. It was often said to me when I was a Youth Pastor, "you'll see the fruit 10 years from now." Actually, this has been true...but it did take that long!

What I'm loving about this week (my stay-cation) is that I have been doing many little projects around my home that have allowed me to see direct results of my hard work. From the lines in my freshly cut grass to the freshly painted entry-way. From the new doorknob to the new basement door seal. Yes, these are little things, but I'm loving the fact that I can look at something I worked on and see that it is accomplished.

Galatians 6:9-10 says, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."