9.08.2009

weekend reflections...

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to kick-off our new sermon series "Hope Summit". As Pittsburgh and the rest of the world makes their way to the G20 Summit, North Way is hosting the Hope Summit. We will be studying John 14-15.

I had a picture in my mind of what this past weekend would look like and accomplish...from service program to relationships. This picture didn't match up with what actually happened...not in a bad way, just different than my expectations.

I also really noticed how much I loved preaching God's Word. I always have, but this time was different. I felt more comfortable than before. I was still nervous, but I felt like I belonged in the "pulpit" more than ever before. I am thankful to Pastor Jay and Pastor Scott for the opportunity.