11.18.2010

it's better to give than receive, but...

It is true that it is better to give than receive, but receiving is not so bad either. Yesterday, I received a gift that blew me away! I was so excited that someone would give me such a valuable gift. I was like a little kid on Christmas morning!

Now that I reflect on the moment I received the gift, I think about the giddy nature of the person giving the gift in that moment. I do see how giving was better for that person than receiving.

This gives me a bit of a glimpse into the heart of God when people receive the gift of salvation. His heart must explode with excitement and anticipation. He must lean forward in heaven to say, Watch this! This is going to be awesome! They're about to put their faith in Jesus! Gather 'round! Here's the moment we've been waiting for! They're about to be set free! When a person receives the free gift of Jesus, I bet you God is giddy!