8.29.2010

difference in preaching

North Way Christian Community is one church in multiple locations, and it's made up of all generations. When I have the privilege to preach, it is different than any other preaching I have ever done.

Each campus and venue hears the exact same sermon live or via HD technology. This changes the way we preach. When our teaching team brings the sermon, we don't just preach to that particular room. We preach to that congregation, Oakland's people, the Worship Cafe and soon to come...our Sewickley Valley Campus. When you're preaching, you have to keep all these different locations in mind.

However, I had the opportunity to preach "live" at the Worship Cafe service today. This is completely different than preaching to all campuses and venues. I was able to be much more interactive with the congregation. It's also a blast to preach in my "home" congregation.

I'm learning so much at North Way, and I'm excited to lean into the future while living in community one day at a time. I'm being stretched in my leadership abilities, and I'm loving it!