7.29.2010

hearing God speak

Last night I was sitting off to the side during North Way's All Worship Night in the Atrium of our Wexford Campus building. One of our worship leaders said to imagine yourself in the presence of God, and my mind went immediately to Isaiah 6. As I read through this passage, I felt prompted to share it with all who were there last night. How would I know to do that?

1. This passage dropped into my mind out of no where. It wasn't like I was thinking about Isaiah in that moment. It was a God-drop.
2. I read the passage to myself, and a certain verse jumped off the page and into my heart.
3. I asked God if this was something I should share with everybody.
4. I had a notion/impression that God said, "It wouldn't hurt."

That's it. Hearing the voice of God sometimes gets so over-spiritualized and complicated. Maybe you need to hear this today from Isaiah 6:7: "...your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."