10.06.2009

Your Kingdom. Your Will. Not Mine.

I'm getting ready to preach this weekend in our current teaching series called "Two-Way Monologue." We titled this series on the Lord's Prayer like this because often our prayers become a monologue with ourselves. We ask God for things, and we answer for Him as well. What is supposed to be a two-way dialogue with God ends up being a two-way monologue.

This weekend, I will attempt to address the 2nd and 3rd petitions of the model prayer that Jesus taught his disciples in Matthew 6. I'm praying that God gives me a real focus because there have been volumes written about the volumes that have been written on just these 14 words. If you break it down like the title of this post, I believe that we will come to a simple phrase that sums up this very complex portion of the prayer.

I will post more later about this simple phrase that I feel God has laid on my heart to share with North Way. The simple phrase is Missional Surrender. See you this weekend.