10.24.2009

sometimes you just can't...

I'm sitting inside right now. I have a list of things "to do" outside that is a proverbial mile long, and I want to do them, but it's raining. So, I simply can't do the things I need to do. So, I push it off until tomorrow after the Steelers game.

Sometimes circumstances also hinder the "to do" lists of life. When you work hard to advance the kingdom of God, it's hard to determine if these pop-up circumstances are put in the way to be seen as God "closing doors" or to be seen as opposition by the Evil One. If it's the latter, it's an opportunity to fight. In my opinion, there's such a fine line of discernment between these two. The freeing part about that fine line is that I am called to do only what I can do, and God will have to do what only He can do.

So, when I've done all that I can do, it's up to God to make it clear if it's His closed door or an opportunity to fight the Evil One. Until that clarity comes, I pray, worship and wait for it to stop raining.